Friday, July 31, 2026

The Sober Teatotaler (When the Universe Throws a Curve Ball!)

  In the past, when the Universe threw me a curve ball, I would turn to the bottle.  Growing up, many years ago, sadly, I didn't have a mentor to show me how to regulate my emotions/nervous system.  Born in the fifties, just after the Second World war, we were taught to just soldier on.  Children were seen and not heard.  On top of it, my family was consumed with alcohol, so I started imbibing at about the age of 12, maybe sooner.  I was the oldest in the family and was responsible for the care of my two younger sisters. My first job was babysitting, and I would look after the children that my parents were going out partying with.

What I started to say, was, recently I have been thrown a curve ball but I'm still sober.  Drinking would not be helpful right now and probably make it worse.  It's also helped me to see that I am not a victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment