In 2021, I joined an on-line recovery group called "Women for Sobriety". I managed to quit alcohol for six months. I'll be referring to alcohol as AL in my posts. I remember thinking when I started again, "I'll just have one or two!" Didn't happen. Finally, in late August 2025, I had my last drink and, in a few days, will celebrate my sobriety of one year. I honestly can't believe a whole year has gone by but I'm really proud of myself. This has something I've tried to do for years.
Women For Sobriety was started by Dr. Jean Kilpatrick in 1975 and is based on The New Life program along with 13 Acceptance Statements. It's based out of the United States with a few Canadian women involved. There is incredible support with zoom meetings, groups, including the Newbies with our incredible leader, Queen Bee!!
I'm sharing this because I'd really like to make some connections with other women who are on this recovery journey. I was thinking the other day about the stigma with telling family/friends, I've quit drinking! Right away, it's assumed that I have a problem! In truth, that's right but the big reason I'm not in biding is for my health. Sadly, I saw AL completely take out members of my family. Health is our wealth and AL steals our health from us.
If you happen to read this post, please reach out! I'd love to hear how you're doing on your road to better health with Al involved or it you're trying to quit and don't have any resources.
No comments:
Post a Comment